USD offers a nationally recognized, award-winning program. We are committed to providing your summer conference participants with:
- High quality, fresh cuisines planned and prepared by academy-certified chefs
- Attractive dining hall adjacent to the residences
- An enjoyable, friendly and safe eating environment
The Premiere Plan allows your guests to have the ultimate dining experience. Participants have the most options and flexibility with the Premiere Plan. Food and beverage purchases (breakfast, lunch, dinner and breaks) are available on an 'a la carte' basis. Guests may dine anywhere they want on campus at any time. Participants will be able to frequent La Gran Terraza on a daily basis with the value of the Premiere Plan. This plan consists of "Campus Cash" and gives participants a specific dollar amount to spend each day.
Participants may use their Premiere Plan to enjoy meals, snacks and breaks at a variety of unique retail and restaurant locations, including:
- La Gran Terraza: a contemporary restaurant and lounge featuring California cuisine with a contemporary flair. Indoor and outdoor dining.
- Pavilion Dining: encompasses numerous eateries ranging from Italian to Asian, extensive salad and soup bars, a full breakfast and grill menu and more.
- Tu Mercado: a one-stop shopping destination. Full-scale natural foods grocery store, deli, espresso and tea bar.
The Essential Plan allows your guests to have basic meals covered. Food and beverage purchases (breakfast, lunch and dinner) are available on an "a la carte" basis. Participants may dine almost anywhere they want on campus at any time (excluding Tu Mercado grocery store). This "declining dining dollars" plan allows each participant a specific dollar amount to spend each day.
Torero Buffet Plan (for Youth Athletic programs only)
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served buffet-style on this plan.The pricing is a fixed rate for this "unlimited access" buffet which offers kid-friendly cuisine.
Sample Torero Plan Lunch Menu:
- Entrée selections include: Macaroni & Cheese Casserole, Chicken Fingers, Lasagna, Hamburgers, Garden Burgers, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, French Fries
- Pizza by the slice (various topping)
- Pasta Bar: choice of two Pastas and Sauces
- Pre-made Deli Sandwiches: Ham & Cheese, Peanut Butter, Vegetarian Rolls
- Choice of Cookies, Brownies, Soft Drinks, Juices, Milk
Guest Meal Tickets for the Torero Buffet
Do you have a VIP guest or a commuter dining with your conferees? Tickets are available for additional conference guests who are:
- Not residing in the residences
- Not remaining for the entire conference
- Arriving early or staying over
Prepaid meal cards (available in any amount) are accepted at all USD retail cafés and Pavilion Dining.
Box Lunches, Refreshments and Special Dietary Meals
USD Catering can prepare box lunches for field trips and arrange refreshment breaks as well as late night snacks, and more, for your conference. Should programs/participants require special dietary needs our staff will work with you to create suitable menu options.
La Gran Terraza website
Hahn University Center
La Gran Terraza, USD's flagship restaurant, features California cuisine in a bistro-style setting. With weekly farm-to-table menu selections, our chefs deliver taste and quality by using local produce and seasonal recipes that delight the palate. Coupled with breathtaking views, La Gran Terraza offers a unique ambience with both indoor and outdoor dining options.
In the Grand Dining Room experience an elegant but comfortable atmosphere. Or dine alfresco on the Terraceoverlooking Tecolote Canyon and Mission Bay while partaking in tapas and perusing our extensive wine list. O'Toole's pub offers the perfect social setting where one can enjoy locally crafted San Diego beers over great food and scintillating conversation.
For catered special events La Gran Terraza will assist you in developing an outstanding menu - whether it is prix fixe or open. Our goal is to ensure that you and your guests fully experience the excellence that is paramount to every event at USD.